Monday 4 January 2010

Log Thirteen from New Zealand from the 3rd of January to the 5th of January 2010

(Sunday 3rd January 2010)
Up early and read for the morning, my son dropped down my grandson and went off to work. Later, I went shopping with him and bought when I need for the meal tonight, I have eleven coming including my grandson, four men and six women. I won’t be able to get them all around the table so I’m doing a sort of `collect yourself type of meal.'
I already had chicken curry in the freezer from earlier, so I defrosted and fortified with boiled potatoes, and placed in the oven to heat. Also, I cut bacon is slices and fried them with a grained mustard and some tomato puree, with small pieces of cauliflower, plus a few cut tomatoes lost of all.
I bought a joint of beef, called corned silverside, washed it few time in cold clean water to get the salt out and cut it in thin strips, and fried it on a high heat in a frying pan with ginger, plum juice with garlic and a few herbs. When the liquid was reduced, added a few spoonfuls of raw brow sugar, to turn the beef strips sticky,
Separately, I fried the vegetables: carrots - cut small - cauliflower, and other stir-fry vegetables in season. Cut up two peppers and fried them in crème fraîche and added them all together and finally added the sauces, and mixed it together in a lager pot and heated it to serve (made my own sauce) with the other food and garlic bread.
The lot went, second and third helpings.
For dessert, a cake and custard, a really good night and they left about 10am. I cleaned up and spent a little time reading before I retired to bed (11.10am) feeling really good, it went so well – I so do enjoying cooking and experimenting with food trying different combinations.
(Monday 5th January 2010)

Up at 9.40am had a light breakfast and read until my son called down with my grandson around 11.30, he’s sleeping now, his afternoon nap, (1.23pm) I’ll be waking him in about 20 minutes and then we’ll play for a few hours, I ‘m collecting his mother from work a 5 o clock.
(6.07) No need for me to fetch anyone as it turned out from work, so played with my grandson and read. Just finished a novel by Piers Paul Read: “A Season in the West,” which I rather enjoyed. I’ll be having an easy night, watching television and reading with a glass or two of wine (I was a bit premature when I said I'll give it up) and hopefully, gym tomorrow morning, and to the library.
Need to plan over the next few days where I’m to travel to around New Zealand, and what I want to see, buy first I need to get a car.
(10.20pm) Watching TV `half-and-half,’ surfing the three channels, and reading a novel by Jeffrey Gruikshank: “Murder at the B-School,” a murder mystery, nothing much else to report today so off to bed shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment