Wednesday 29 April 2009

Roy Tomkinson: If you could travel back in Time what would you do?

Roy Tomkinson. Today's Thought!
Hi Everyone,

Those of you that follow my blog, and the rest of you who knows me personally, you know that a subject close to my heart is Time Travel, and the Parallel Universe Theory.
That is, every action much have an opposite reaction. So what is happening in one universe, positive, the same must be in another universe, negative.
Weird!
You can say that again, you say.
OK I will.
Weird!
There!
Said it.
Seriously though, you must have thought what it would be like to be back in time. I think everyone has at some time in their life.
The amount of time I wish I could have told my mother and father I loved them. When they were alive, and we all think the same, I couldn’t imagine life without them. Frequently we quarrelled, when I was being, well - well- just being really – a young whippersnapper of a kid thinking I knew it all.
And of course, I knew very little.
There is a truism, the older you get the less you know. Well I must be pretty thick I'm getting on a bit now! Hold on, don't' get carried away, not too much mind you, there is still loads of fight and spunk still left inside of me.
Anyway, back to Time Travel.
What would you do if you went back in time?
Or, I pose: What Time Period would you visit – Why?
I’m interested, please let’s have your comments.
I would like to go back to the time of Henry the VIII, one of the most dangerous periods in history, for a woman anyway, well, anyone really, your head was never your own. He would chop it off on the flimsiest of pretexts. Set himself up as the Head of the Church, and the repercussions are still, very much so, felt today.
But the period fascinates me. By the way, this year is the 500th year of his Ascension to the Throne of England.
Indeed, when I wrote my last novel, for part of it: that is the time period I chose upon. Not actually about the English Court, but about the period of history in 1526 relating to Mull in Scotland, and the warring clans from that period. The Mac Dougalls and the MacLeans. A right lot of people they were, but there again, everyone else's behaviour was the same.
Death came cheap, life meant nothing, a violent time. Well, if I were cynical, I could say nothing has changed, but that would be unfair. Sometimes I think so, and you must do as well.
What do you think, tell me?
Are people as evil now as they were then?
Views, let me have your views.
In my novels I try to show the two sides, good and evil.
In “Anger Child,” I show the evil Peter, contrasted against the good and kindly George.
In “The Tour,” Lanky against Ron.”
www.strategicbookpublishing.com/TheTour.html
In Boys, Men and Mountains:” The evil is not in the people, but in the circumstance of how they were forced to live, and the ways they used to overcome the situation to live happy, contented, and full lives.
Anyway,
Enough for today, all comments are welcome.
Regards,
Roy.

2 comments:

  1. Time travel, yes, it can be done, know it can, and Time will tell it will be so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of Boys, Men and Mountains, a great book, this is the best story I've read in a long while, Mog is some man, so is Dai, but the boy, who is he? His name is not mentioned once throughtout the whole book.

    ReplyDelete