Sunday 20 December 2009

Roy Tomkinson: LOG EIGHT FROM NEW ZEALAND SUNDAY 20th DECEMBER, ONE DAY LOG

(Sunday 20th December)

Up at 7am, was going up my son’s house but didn’t have to in the end, so I stayed in the house, I’m having my grandson this afternoon, so it looks as if the ducks will be having another feast. The sky is blue, there are a few clouds, but the day looks to be fine.

We really do live in a wonderful world.

(11.27) I’d better get dressed and take a shower, my grandson should be here shortly.
(11.50am) He’s arrived, my grandson, a little play and he went to sleep until 2pm, a piece of toast with cheese, a little play again, and we went down to feed the ducks, his mother turned up around (3.30pm,) now I'll waiting for my son to arrive, he’s working, when he arrives I'll put pasta spirals into the hot water.

The dessert is in the fridge, all done.

It’s sunny out with a few white clouds, but it’s rather windy outside just now. Having an easy day today, reading, talking, listening and watching the television, and of course, playing with my grandson, and slowly, I’m becoming worn out – but it’s fun.
A dessert tip: if you use pineapple and kiwi fruit in jelly it doesn’t set that well, I know, I did it earlier today, but by placing it in the freezer for a little while it has done the trick, and by covering the top with strawberries. Also, I’ll placed a few slices of peaches on top, and I'll it serve with fresh cream – job done.
(6pm) Watching the news, and I see Europe and America are having a rough time with the weather, snow, rain, and general mayhem, glad I’m out here enjoying the mild weather. I know the UK has also had a difficult time with the weather, even the Channel Rail connection with France is finding it difficult to stay in operation, not a good omen for the future.
I’ll be having the evening meal shortly. My son will be late tonight, so I’ll have the evening meal now and he can have his when he gets here.

Meal over, they stayed a while and left to put the boy to bed, then I watch the television, there was a programme on about obese children. Wow, Christmas is creeping closer and closer, how strange I find it, normally it's cooking and planning, but not this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment