Sunday 20 December 2009

Roy Tomkinson: LOG SIX FROM NEW ZEALAND: from 16th of December to Friday 18th of December

(Wednesday 16th December)


Up at 7am, gave my grandson breakfast and dropped him off at nursery at 8am, then down the gym until 9am, back, had breakfast, the usual, and a shower.
A few clouds are about this moring, lingering as if waiting for friends – hope not - but it’s quite warm. It should turn out to be a warm day. Read a little, and for the rest of the morning I drafted an email, which took me most of the morning, it was critical for me to get this one right. There were quite a few attachments and all had to be checked before I could press the send button. I hope something comes of it, I will know in a few weeks.

Didn’t have the time to go snorkelling, also, I had intended to attend an evening class as well, where does all the time go? Honestly, I really don’t know.
The afternoon I posted my blog and brought a few things up to date, and shot off a few email, almost up to date there for the present, but still need a few sent to America. I’ll definitely do them this week, and it was time to fetch my grandson from nursery.
I took him home and walked back to my house. The evening I read and watched the television, in bed by 9.30pm; feeling tired tonight. Need to write tomorrow morning, set the clock of 7am to go to the gym first, been three times this week.
(Thursday 17th December)


Up at 8pm, alarm didn’t go off, was going down the gym but I felt stiff and gave it a miss, read for a while and went out for a walk along the Waikato River. Weather good this morning, no clouds, but there is a cold wind, back home for lunch, (12.30) salad with rice beans with chopped onion, a boiled egg with a little cheese and a piece of soy and linseed bread – most enjoyable.
Then I had a walk into town, found a mobile phone on the road, rang, and found out to whom it belongs and I returned it to where he works, Pizza Hut, Taupo. I walked around town for a little while and I bought a bottle of wine and a bar of chocolate. I haven’t had an alcoholic drink for over a week, will have a glass or two of wine tonight and take in easy, in bed by 10.45, a little read and straight to sleep.
(Friday 18th December)


Up and out at 8am to the gym, back in house at 9.30am for breakfast, feeling really good, did training with weights today but also did a little cardio vascular exercises as well. The weather is sunny today, blue sky with little to no wind.
Need to shop today for food, for Sunday I’m doing spaghetti bolognaise: desert, a fresh fruit in a jelly sauce, the key to New Zealand is to buy fruit and vegetables when in season, strawberries are in plentiful supply and relatively cheap to purchase as are bananas, not sure yet how many people for dinner yet on Sunday.
Today may be the day when I go in the lake. I’ve been promising myself all the week I’ll go – I’ll see later; need to do some writing first. But before that, a few more, `did you know conundrums:'
A `jiffy’ is an actual unit of time of 1/100th of a second, and nothing to do with lemons.
A shark is the only fish (according to current knowledge) that can blink with both eyes.
A snail can sleep for three years. (A few people who I know seem to be permanently asleep)
Almonds are a member of the peach family.
An ostrich’s eye is bigger that its brain. (Funny that: I know a few guys and girls like that, whose eyes are a lot bigger, peas brains comes into my mind.)
Anyway, that is all for now.
(1pm) I have finally done it, just just come back, been snorkelling in the lake, a little cold at first when you get in but afterwards, not a problem. There’s not a lot to see, didn’t even see a fish, not a single one, but that’s to be expected, trout are notoriously shy and stay hidden.

The visibility was rather good, but there was a wind coming off the lake creating waves, small ones granted, but nevertheless, they were waves. There were quite a number of small sailing boats out today, looked to be some kind of race.
Just had lunch, cold tin of tomatoes with salt, pepper and lot of vinegar with soy and linseed bread, most enjoyable and light on the digestion. Been invited out tonight to an Indian Restaurant, been fancying it for a while, but not sure yet where I’ll go, will give a decision after 5.30pm, I should know by then if I’ll babysitting, much prefer to have my grandson than go out on the town.

Will take a little rest now before I go shopping in town.
(6pm) Just got back from shopping, tired; it’s been an energetic day, will rest a little, I think I’ll cancel going out tonight, will listen to the news and then make a final decision, I have till 7pm to decide.

I’m not having my grandchild tonight so I can’t give myself that excuse. Listening to the news, there is an argument which has been raging apparently for years over the name on a place whether it should by spelt:

Wanganui

or

Whanganui.

Today the matter has been settled by the council subject to ratification by the Parliament. The both name are to be used, so now it is official, the both names are correct - a lot of fuss over nothing if you ask me, but I makes for interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment